How Mold Cleanup is Done - A Step By Step
How Mold Cleanup is Done - A Step By Step
Mold damage in homes can become a problem in 24-48 hrs of water intrusion. The intrusion of water causes mold to form either gradual or intensive which requires remediation to take place. Leaks from roofing and water line if they go unnoticed may eventually lead to mold infestation. Mold damage can be severe when neglected for an extended period. After floods have occurred precautions, need to be undertaken before re-entering your home or business- to prevent commercial mold damage.
Molds and mildew are microscopic, and they happen everywhere, indoors, outdoors on vehicles so removing all of it is next to impossible. Mold in home has proven to be of great importance as it helps in the decomposition of organic matter. As a matter of fact, it placed on the food chain.
While outdoor mold and mildew are useful, the indoor are harmful to property and asset. So when affected by indoor molds, mildew or fungus mitigation process should be undertaken.But before taking up mold damage reductions, you should conduct several precautions for mold in homes can affect and harm your body.
Guidelines when dealing with commercial mold damage, mold removal and deodorization.
• Protect your eyes: Always wear goggles or safety glasses that cover your eyes completely to provide 100% protection from dust and small mold particles.
• Protect your skin: wear gloves before touching or handling moldy items.DO NOT touch items with mold using your bare hands.
• Protect your mouth and nose: wear a full-faced respirator or a half faced respirator when you plan to stay in the mold infested area for an extended period. Molds in homes and fungus have a smelly odor.
• Protect your loved ones from hazard: people who are asthmatic should stay away from moldy areas and away because they have a smelly odor, DON'T involve children in mold removal exercise. You should also watch out for wet floors they may cause accidents. After finishing up the mold removal process ensure that you shower and change your clothes to ensure that you don't carry them at home.
Understanding mold mitigation processes.
Mold damage occurs differently, and it requires a unique solution to manage it:which is mitigation. But in the general mold reduction process is the same and its procedures are the same. These are the steps for undertaking remediation for commercial mold damage:
• Inspection and assessment: this is mostly done with various technologies, mold, and fungus grow in areas clear from the view where it is damp. They feed on cellulose and water and prefers dark areas. Despite having a smelly odor, you require special machines to detect them.
• Mold containment: this containment procedure is done to reduce the spread of the molds. Procedures like negative air pressures that the fungus spores don't spread during the removal process. Negative air chambers isolate the contaminated area with a physical barrier. Fans are turned off to reduce the dissemination of this mold.
• Air filtration: you trap spores from the air, hence there is no spreading. Air scrubbers and vacuums are used to ensure no spread of the spores during the remediation process.
• Mold removal and removal of fungus infested materials: this step depends on the extent of the damage. Antifungal and antimicrobial treatment is undertaken to eliminate the fungi and the mildew colonies. Removal of mold infested materials such as walls, ceilings, and carpets is necessary to ensure they don't spread.
• Cleaning contents and assets: clean your walls, curtains, decorative items that may be affected by these molds. Here smelly odor is removed by using deodorants. A special team does the deodorization. Deodorization requires special equipment and the chemical used should be human-friendly.
• Restoration: depending on the extent of commercial mold damage or mold in the home repair should be undertaken. Restoration involves minor repairs, painting the wall and installing new carpet restoration may also include the rebuilding of some room in a home or business.
The above process should be undertaken by a professional as us of machines may require skilled personnel. However, if someone wants to conduct the mitigation,deodorization and remediation process by themselves you should follow the following steps:
• Put on protective gears
• Remove standing water. Ensure you remove all the waters within 24 hrs.
• Open all windows to let in fresh air while working on it.
• Use Dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
• Remove the molds you can see in your home.
• Fix the water problem completely and paint the whole area.
• Throw away the items that can't be cleaned or dry.
Visit http://www.SERVPROfountainvalley.com for more information on mold removal and remediation.